View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 09:40 AM   #83
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Alkanoonion, I agree with you that this topic is going round in circles. I'm getting some serious deja vu from the last Harry Potter thread, but it was hard not to put my opinion across. If anything, the one thing I've noticed in this thread is that the pro-HPer's seem to have more evidence for their views and use quotes from LotR and HP, whereas the people so against it can't come up with any evidence for their views, partly because the majority of them haven't read HP.<P>'Magic and Occultic practices are wrong' they say. Fair enough, but they seem to forget Gandalf used magic too (I put some quotes in a previous reply). It was just a different setting and different context. Galadriel had magic too. Where exactly do you draw the line? And in HP when the magic is bad it's made absolutely clear. Kids aren't stupid.<P>And I completely agree with Daniel Telcontar about the different coloured fonts. I've been guilty of this in the past, but not to the extent where there's about 5 different colours in one post. It reduces the seriousness of your opinion.