View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 08:13 PM   #56
MallornLeaf
Haunting Spirit

MallornLeaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MallornLeaf
Silmaril

Just for the record, I have not strayed from LOTR. On my last post, I compared the two, and plan to do the same. <P>weather you like it or not, Tolkein was a catholic. he beleived in the Bible. Also, I agree, LOTR was not an allegory, JRRT hated allegories. It was not a direct adaption or allegory of the Bible or any Bible story, but it WAS meant to have christian worldviews. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> It does not have Christian Undertones, just morals<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>DUH! what do you think I mean by undertones? unertones come from morals. So... it would be reasonable to beleive that If the Morals are Christain and undertones come from morals, then the undertones would also be christian. (what has happened to common sense these days?)<P>Also, HP is deffinately witchcraft. Can you honestly tell me that they don't quote any spells in HP? last time I checked, however, LOTR has no recited spells. Unless you have seen children beating on doors screaming "Mellon! Mellon!" (the only "spell" in LOTR) then it is safe to say that LOTR does not use witchcraft.<P>I realize that I cannot argue completely b/c I have never read the books. I WOULD read the books if I was interested. I'm not opposed to the books in general. I am opposed to what they teach. I am opposed to the fact schools distribute them as excellent books, yet students can't be seen with their Bible. . . that would be "discrimination" to have a Bible in School! <P>NO!!!!! Discrimination is teaching HP and persecuting the Bible. <P>Varda said that the only way I would change my opinion is if I read the books. But my opinion deals with more than the books themselves. My opinion is only strong because of the Morals involved--not the books.

"I pass the test, I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."