View Single Post
Old 12-24-2002, 03:37 PM   #52
Hawkeye
Pile O'Bones

Hawkeye has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, he had better be portrayed differently in the extended version and rotk! That was just unbearable to watch! Faramir is one of my 3 ultimate favorite LOTR characters (the other 2 being Aragorn and Legolas), and it was just awful seeing him destroyed like that. He was so different from Boromir in the books, and yet there were still similarities between them. Personally, I was pleased with the way they portrayed Boromir in FOTR. It really helped me to understand him more than i had previously in the books. It helped me see his conflict, and the good that was in him, but couldn't get out. but Faramir didn't even have that opportunity in the movie! David Wenham was perfectly capable of being the true Faramir. He looked just right. Gentle, wise, like Gandalf! (as some people have mentioned previously) But he wasn't given a chance to even try. The only redeeming line he had was the one about his life being forfeit. But they weren't supposed to be in Osgiliath in the first place! Sigh... I'm still going to hope that they'll redeem his character in ROTK. If not, then i feel sorry for Eowyn. The Faramir in the movie is no match for her!