View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 02:55 PM   #14
rhudladion

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Fenrir:<BR><STRONG>The witch-king wasn't injured. The knife just made a cut in his cloak. Frodo's knife remains intact and is broken at the Ford of Bruinen. On Weathertop Frodo repels the Nazgul with the cry "Elbereth Gilthoniel".</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>All those who keep saying something like the above: I never suggested that the witch-king was injured by Frodo, and I never suggested that it was Frodo's weapon that startled the witch-king. I was merely making the point that there was no need to change the scene the way PJ did. He could have left it alone and the movie would have been better for it. Following the books here would have been easy, where-as there were other places in the story I realize he could not have done so.<BR> But the fact that the witch-king was not affected by Frodo's blade is irrelevant to my point. I didn't say that the witch-king had to fall over dead once Frodo had struck. There are 1000 ways they could have had Frodo strike without including the Elbereth deal. We've already seen one of them.