View Single Post
Old 11-02-2001, 08:20 AM   #32
Kin-strife
Haunting Spirit

Kin-strife has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>it's okay that the movies are promoted by posters and sound tracks but ACTION FIGURES? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Speaking for myself, when I was first reading LoTR as a fresh faced 13 year old I would have loved there to have been action figures I could buy. I've already seen the figures too. They're not THAT bad.<P>Another point I'll mention is that this film will no doubt leave a large impression on the minds of people reading the books after it's release. Where as now everyone has their own idea of what Frodo looks like after the film Elija Wood will be the uniform image of the little hobbit. It'll be like trying to read Silence of The Lambs now for the first time and picturing some one other than Anthony Hopkins as Hanibal Lecter. I don't know if this is such a bad thing but the books will never be read (by Tolkien virgins) the same way again.