View Single Post
Old 02-12-2001, 08:05 AM   #128
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ring

<BR><br><br> <i> Letters</i> talks about this:<br> <br> Letter 144:<br> <br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;Actually(Quenya)might be said to be composed on a Latin basis with two other(main)ingredients that happen to give me 'phonoaesthetic' pleasure:Finnish and Greek.&quot;<hr></blockquote><br> <br> Same letter:<br> <br> <blockquote><i>Quote:</i></b><hr> &quot;The living language of the Western Elves(Sindarin or Grey-elven)is the one usually met,especially in names.This is derived from an origin common to it and Quenya;but the changes have been deliberately devised to give it a linguistic character very like(though not identical with)British-Welsh.&quot;<hr></blockquote><br> <br> The Gaelic reference must be in there somewhere... <p>Those who will defend authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel. </p>