View Single Post
Old 08-05-2000, 10:48 AM   #20
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: Bombadil vs Arwen</b><br><br> I am 100% with you .<br> this was debated rather furiously at the Xenite board and I was suprised at the number of well read tolkien fans could postulate dropping one and dubiously embelishing the other , I was a persecuted minority .[I deserved most of it though] any way I can [sadly ] understand that unless they are going to make 7 movies they can't fit all the sub-plots in and I must [sadly again ] agree that the old forest/bombadil episode is an obvious choice for deletion[no barrow downs-a bitter blow for this site ]<br> however exactly likeyourself it could come in for mention [maybe as a dream of frodo's that Gandalf reads as he is recuperating in rivendell- even just a quick glimpse of him at the downs and the willow and giving those swords top the hobbits.would take , I guess,less than a minute and yet maintain the integrity of the tale.<br> the latest I heard was that liv was doing so poorly that much of her embellishment was axed [ this comes from Pro-warrior Arwen M.Martinez himself so it isn't wishful thinking -even if it turns out a rumour- but we can only hope. <p></p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote