View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 12:04 AM   #7
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Daisy Brambleburr: Same here. It was because of writing I learned how to do it, and am continueing to. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] My greatist joy of it is creating and growing the characters' personalities.

Aredhel Idril Telcontar: Publishing my stuff at this time sounds exciting and scary, so I'm with ya. We'll just keep practicing.
About trying not copy other peoples' work, I heard some good advice that 'you shouldn't worry about being a copy-cat, because your and your stuff only will come out some time', and I've been following that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quickslash: that's cool! I don't think I have the patience for creating poetry, but I admire those who can. Do you write full stories?

Duncariel: I have been working on my third chapter also, and I'm slow too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Though I am trying to construct some languages, it doesn't require that much imagination, just an idea of what you like and knowledge on the subject (which, could take a while to recieve). But you should at least try it.

Before I read Tolkien (I was about 11 at the time), I got this magazine for kids that would sometimes have comics in there. One time the subject was fantasy. I looked at that, and decided that I wanted create my own fantasy world, and perhaps write about it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Tolkien influenced me by wanting to put lots of detail in my world, and by wanting to learn and create languages. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
See you later!
~M