View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #74
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Quote:
his telling Boromir he would not take the Ring within 100 leagues of "your city" was too much.
I think it was meant to sound that way. Gondor looked pretty much devastated...but then again, since he hasn't seen how Gondor's doing, it was like Aragorn was rejecting his birthright to the throne of Gondor. An inconsistency in the script, perhaps? Or a revelation in Aragorn's semi-reluctant character? Either way, it still sounds edgy...

Quote:
I kind of liked the way they made Galadriel imposing and sort of creepy
That was my first impression as well; a bad one, since I had not read the books until about 5 or 6 months later. As a ring bearer, she ought to seem dangerous. Add a Noldori sensibility, and there you have that evervescence of creepiness about her.

I loved Galadirel in the extended version. She seemed more grandmotherly than motherly. Cate Blanchett's interpretation of Galadriel was indeed justified by differentiating a mother's concern from that of a grandmother's...and I always thought both sensibilities were the same [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Although:
Quote:
her tendency to embalm things, an unnatural tendency, even though the things she embalms are natural
I find this interesting, though I can't seem to understand it. Care to explain, Lyta? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 29, 2003: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote