View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #150
Feanor...
Pile O'Bones

Feanor... has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Like I said before at the begining of this page the whole battle would come down to circumstance. In the first few the match is indefinite and from what I've seen of this debate it's useless to try arguing the technicalities of these because it can go either way and will end up going endlessly in a string of circular reasoning. However in the latter of the matches the circumstances for dragons slope towards the negative side while the balrogs stay constant. Therefore giving the balrogs the advantage, the way this debate continues to be argued concentrates continually on only one of the many different circumstances the battle could be played out on. In arguing somthing like this you need to constantly keep in mind the Big Picture(to borrow the cliche). However when the tally is taken the Big Pictue inevitably favors the Balrog's side (again due to circumstance). So even without my personal vote Balrogs would still emerge victorious after all's said and done. And like I've said before it's useless to argue over the technicallities because this battle is determined by the circumstances of the different battles all fitting together in the big picture. Because Balrogs are in a default position and the dragons are not dragons can only be at most equal with the balrogs and gradually more and more weak in every other circumstance.

I hope I haven't sounded the death knell for this thread because it's been really fun to participate in. But if I have, like Kuruharan said
Quote:
Although, who knows. Maybe in another couple of months somebody will come along and light a fire under this ole' thread again...
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]