View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 04:49 PM   #35
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Quote:
Just funnin' ya! I should have put some smile thingies in my post to make that clear. Anytime I'm talking about Balrog wings I'm usually only kidding.
I toook no umbrage, bro! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I theeeenk you have a lot of good points there, Kurubuddy. Jus' one theeng. Eet occurs to meee zat 'ol Smaug and maybe other dragons are not only vain but cowards, too. They would never fight an opponent unless they were (however arrogantly & wrongly) convinced that they could win without any trouble. I intend to read up on Glaurung to see how he fits this characterization, but both Smaug and Chrysophylax (from Farmer Giles) were BOTH vain AND cowardly. All this to say that if a Tolkienian dragon ever saw a Balrog coming near with intent to warring, it would scoot the other way fast as its wingies could tek it. A Balrog, by comparison, does not have this cowardly streak. 'Course, mebbe it knows it's just the hottest thing this side of Udun. Eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: littlemanpoet ]
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote