View Single Post
Old 02-26-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
avarerniliel
Haunting Spirit

avarerniliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to avarerniliel
The Eye

Dragons all the way! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Of course I am a bit biased, but here's why I think they are more dangerous.

Dragons are not contained creatures like Balrogs are. I see the point about a dragon breathing fire would do no damage to something practically made out of fire! Even though they don't appear in Tolkien's works, dragons don't only breathe fire. Ice, acid, and even electricity and more are options, well, depending on the species (and age, anywhere from wrymling to wrym.) of dragon. Dragons also have other weapons, teeth, claws, and some have completly different habits all together. Dragons are intelligent creatures and can be powerful spell casters. This comes from a dragon expert. I'd love to hear an argument from the opposite side though, supporting the Balrogs. (Whom I certainly don't believe to be harmless butterflies, but terribly dangerous creatures in their own right.)

For now, I say dragons. So my vote is for Glaurung, the wrym. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
avarerniliel is offline   Reply With Quote