View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 02:53 PM   #10
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

Quote:
Since when Maedhros abandon widsom for folly?
Hehe.
Quote:
That they didn't do anything noteworthy? that no individual Vanya had passion as fiery as Fëanor's? that the Vanyar were just plain boring?
Well, I think they were pretty booring. They were not creators that I know of, and none I think would have the passion of Fëanor, not just any vanyar, but any elf in general.
Quote:
I think, had Tolkien chosen to record the history of the Vanyar, it would have been filled with accomplishments of beauty in art, poetry, literature, and architecture; excellence of knowledge and a truly deep enlightenment; love and romances, characterized by a burning purity....
But did they bring a real progress in the world. Did they helped the evolution of Mankind? Did they even cared for them?
Quote:
I hate this cliche. It's always applied so ignorantly.
In the case of the Ñoldor it's different. They were the ones who bringed progress to the world. The creators of things. They dared to do new things. While the vanyar stood still in Valinorë. The Vanvar had the more simple life but by being in their nature, I just don't see them creating new things.