View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 07:49 PM   #8
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

welcome to the Downs

Quote:
Thanks You guys for replying. I'm new to forums and I guess I went a little crazy on my beleifs/"preaching".
If you wish to modify your post you can always use the edit button [looks like a little tablet , hammer and chisel.

I hardly ever post without editing at least once [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , but then I am lousy at reviewing...

As for the occult connections and 'spinoff's', some of it is sad, the tarot you mentioned was a real shock to me, but the family does not hold al of ther lic's anymore.

However, JRRT himself chose to write in a format that took many esoteric principles and concpets for granted.

Galadriel's mirror.
The Magic of the Elves and to a fqr lesser extent the Dunedain and others.

I could go on but I am out the door and I think there are a few other threads of old that make my point far more thoroughly than I can now.

In my own personal experience in speaking with Non-Christians [ or Non- Orthodow Christians for that matter] I have rarely had any positive results [ that I could discern anyway] with the 'fronatal assualt approach', as I call it.

But it certainly has a long history and perhaps the fault is mine.
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.