Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

**** Harad/Umbar ****

“My lord, my lords are you awake?”
“Mmmm… what is it?” asked Fuinur as the girl continued her massage
“There is a man here with a message for you”
Fuinur rased his head and saw a messenger waiting for him by the doorway
Rising from the bed Fuinur approached the man and was given a note.
Fuinur thanked the messenger and handed him some coins for his trouble.

Once the man left the room Fuinur opened the letter.
The note was from Urken. The note contained a complete assessment of the ships repairs along with the total cost of these repairs; the sum was staggering to say the least. Why he could by a whole new ship for the price of the repairs. At the end of the tally was a message from Urken requesting that they meet this evening.
“ Damn him,” thought Fuinur “we just started to have fun”!
Turning to the two girls Fuinur apologised and explained that they had to leave. Fuinur winked at the girl who was massaging him before Trying to wake the snoring Seth by pressing closed his nostrils. Seth jumped up sputtering.

“Hay! Why did you do that, I was having the most wonderful dream. You know, the one with all the girls in it.”
“They all have girls in them”; laughed Fuinur “You’ll have to be more specific. Anyway, sorry to spoil your fun but we have to go. Urken has sent word. He wants to meet with us. Tonight”.

Leaving the Kings palace the pair made their way towards the harbour. Along the way they noticed a group of Oliphaunts “parked’ outside the Kings Inn.

“Strange that others would have Oliphaunts in the port” thought Fuinur. Turning to Seth Fuinur declared that he wanted to investigate further.

“Investigate. Sure! You just want to have another drink. What about Urken?”

“Don’t worry. I’ve made a solum vowel never to drink again. Don’t give me that look. I mean it this time. Anyway, we will only be a little while in there. Relax; there is plenty of time to meet with Urken. Besides it might be someone we know.” Seth practised pulling faces at his friend and master. He was not impressed with his masters renewed pledge.

Upon entering the Inns common room, Fuinur spotted someone he had not seen for a long time.

“ Gramil, you old dog. How are you? Sorry I could not meet with you before but I had to leave in a bit of a hurry. I hope my little letter helped you? How goes the mission? What are you doing in this part of the world? You were supposed to be negotiating with Jarl of Dale, representative of King Brand of Dale, to negotiate a trade agreement with our realm. Why are you here?”

Caching up the two groups enjoyed a quiet drink while Gramil filled Seth and Fuinur in on what had happened on their journey. Soon Fuinur noticed the time. He sill needed to meet with Urken. Apologising, Fuinur promised to return on the morrow.

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Alkanoonion ]