View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 07:24 PM   #328
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

^^^^^^Erebor/Lonely Mt^^^^^^

Frain grumbled and stared at his feet as he slowly made his way to his cabin. He was tired, his eyelids threatening not to open the next time he blinked. He hated the ship, and realized it wasn't such a joyride. Every step he took reminded him of what they were floating on, and how deep it was.

Carefully watching each step, Frain accidentally bumped into Orodan (who, by the way, tired none and made Frain rather jealous).

Friend Frain! Why must you keep your feet in such a way? Do you not trust our faithful captain? Orodan chuckled.

Sorry, Sir Orodan. And yes, I trust him very much. It is my feet that I do not trust. Unsteady, they seem. 'Tis not so under the Mountain, I assure you. Sturdy as steel, yet they seem waivering as though I can't control them. Frain shook his head in dismay at his own stability, or lack of it.

After a quick and polite good-bye, Frain continued to his quarters. He had not the chance to meet the captain fully yet, but he intended to have a chat, as the work on the boat seemed not enough for Frain's strong arms.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]