View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 04:51 AM   #319
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

^ ^ ^ ^ Erebor/Lonely Mountain ^ ^ ^ ^

Stonehelm had been thankful when his bunkmate Hringa chose to go above deck. It gave him more time to pratice his boat legs and so far his head had connected with the wooden rafters only three times. He had watched the men and elves, seen how they held their legs as they trouped around the deck, and had determined to practice the style himself--a not altogether unsuccesful exercise. At least, he decided, it was good thing a dwarf's centre of gravity was lower than that of the elves.

Hearing commotion above deck, Stonehelm realized that the captain was arriving. He left his cabin and collected his travelling companions from their cabin. Sturdy Frain refused to show any discomfort from the boat's rocking, but Durgan was another matter. He was green to the gills and his braids were wet.

Ah, Durgan, how useful are you as my bodyguard when you add ale to your seasickness? Stonehelm grinned at the seasoned guard, although pickled might be a better word for the dwarf's state.

[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]