View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #264
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

***Blue Mountains/Shire/Rivendell***

Theron and Elrohir pondered over which route to take.

“If we took the route through Lorien, Master Dwarf, we could rest awhile and refresh the travellers” Elrohir argued.

“But we might tarry too long” Theron argued. “And I cannot deny that there is one in my group that would not be best pleased at the thought of stopping in Lorien. Particularly after Gimli son of Gloin never returned to the North, but remained with the Elves and Men. I would argue that we go by the Gap of Rohan.”

“We would need to take greater supplies, in that case.” Ciri commented. “If we went by Lothlorien, we could get more supplies.”

Elladan asked the hobbits which way seemed better suited to them. The unanimous answer was to travel through Lorien, and Serin seemed to be enthusiastic about this idea. Mikhelm had left the room and gone to bed by this point, and Theron reluctantly agreed to the plan. He would have to speak to Mikhelm the next morning, and show him that it was the best plan. Mikhelm would also have to learn to accept the Elves, if they were to journey with them to Minas Anor.

"Very well," said Elrohir. "We must leave soon if we wish to make good time. We shall leave the at dawn the day after tomorrow, to allow ourselves time to prepare our supplies. Goodnight!"

The group departed to their beds, Theron with the prospect of talking to Mikhelm tomorrow. He was not best pleased with the way things had turned out that evening.

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: *Varda* ]