View Single Post
Old 04-14-2001, 08:24 AM   #54
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Haunting Spirit
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Meeting in the Common Room

&quot;Sunrise by the door of this establishment it shall be, Tom Ferny,&quot; Calamir said, and then quickly slipped out into the hall. She was anxious to return to the common room for she had heard, even while Ferny spoke, the voice of her kinswoman Galenwen.

She reentered the large room as the minstrel began her song. Unnoticed, she sat and listened to the ancient tale of sun and moon, as she had so many times in the past. She noticed one small Hobbit in particular was entranced by the tale and smiled to herself as she thought 'Galenwen is indeed gifted in song.'

When the tale was over and the young halfling had started to beg for another, Calamir stepped forward, surprising both teller and listener.

&quot;Well met, Galenwen, fellow traveller of Lorien. In sooth, I was sent out long after you and yet we meet on our return journies. Has Cirdan kept you so busy?&quot;

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000006>Gilthali on</A> at: 4/14/01 2:31:41 pm