View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 03:57 PM   #379
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After the children had almost escaped Ferny has decided to give the job of gaoler to another of his men. Stoat was relieved to be free of such a charge. It didn't really suit his temprement. He had the same attitude to children as he did to kittens. Better off in a bucket full of water with an empty bucket pressed on top.

Some other man, some man who'd had children some time in Gondor or another far flung place watched over them. He'd even built them a little pen so that they might get a little light. He'd ever offered them water for washing but being children they refused. Stoatie wandered over from a small smithy that had been set up for the making of weapons and peered through the mesh as the boy Fosco. The other two children cowered together in the corner of their 'rabbit run' Fosco still stood erect and defiant although his imprisonment had now been of such a length to demoralise an adult. Old Stoat spat upon the ground, through the mesh and near the boy's feet. "Yer fair reek yer little rascal. There'll be no more name calling from ye now."

"I'll call you what I like. I heard what that Ferny man said. He's your boss and he said you mustn't hurt a hair of my head!"

Stoatie smiled. "That's only cause he wants to keep the torturing of you all to himself." Stoatie hissed and walked away. The hobbit children were beginning to bore him. Stoate was a house-breaker, a theif, a kidnapper and murderer too. He wanted to get his hands on that Hobbit gold that Ferny had promised him. He liked quick hits, this was taking far too much time for Old Stoat. The longer this took then the greater the chance of discovery. Stoatie had no intention of being discovered. He would bide his time a little longer but he was hungry now. Not for food like his captive halflings but for the riches he'd been promised.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Auriel Haevasawen ]