View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 04:15 PM   #30
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Before Rose could respond to the woman, her daughter Elanor had run up behind her. Elanor was eyeing the muffins, and also stared closely at Pio who still stood dusting off the crumbs.

Noticing the envelope in Rose's hands, Elanor asked, "What’s that Mama?" By standing on tiptoe, she could just peer over her mother's shoulder and see that it was addressed to ‘Samwise Gamgee and Family.’ Rosie-lass came running behind Elanor, and skidded to a stop, anxious not to miss any of the fun.

"Oh, this is an invitation to a dinner party tomorrow night at the Green Dragon hosted by Piosenniel and our cousin Cami Goodchilde, whom we haven't seen in a very long time."

Rose lifted up the invitation to read it again. A look of surprise came over her face, but she said nothing. Instead she turned to her children. "I need to share this with your father right away. Elanor, would you know where he is?" Miz Rose peered down one of the halls, searching for any sign of her husband.

"I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since breakfast. I’ve been outside all day."

Miz Rose turned to Rosie to ask her the same question, but the little girl just shrugged her shoulders.

"If you will excuse me for just a moment, I need to find my husband." Miz Rose nodded politely in Piosenniel's direction, motioning toward one of many chairs. "Please make yourselves comfortable. Elanor and Rosie will help you if you need anything at all." Miz Rose bent down to plant a kiss on both her daughters' heads, then walked down the hall to search for Sam and share the good news with him.

[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]

[ February 24, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]