View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 02:23 PM   #95
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Bringing this forward:

Nurumaiel's post

Merimac Muddyfoot burst into the hideout, scanning the room quickly. The one he was looking for was nowhere to be seen. Puzzled and more than a little fearful, he went into the adjoining rooms, but still no sign of life. Sitting down, he gathered his wits together, thinking back to days when they had all been home. What type of places had the little rascal hidden then? All types of places, that was the answer. If he became lost, he could be anywhere. There was no specific "type."

"Hallo, Daddy," a small, tired voice behind him said, and he felt a little hand slip into his. "Have you came to take me home now?"

Merimac turned, and a strangled sob burst from him. He pulled his son close to him, the tears streaming down his cheeks, clasping him tightly. Fosco relaxed in his father's strong arms, confident that he would be taken care of now. He knew he was safe now. There was nothing to fear.