View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #194
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

A few hours had passed when finally the rich little hobbit sat down. Drunk, but still rich he seated himself at the end of a table. Stirru and Folw who had waited for this for a long time, both smiled and Stirru made his first move. He paced towards the hobbit, sat himself down and waited.

The hobbit turned his head, checking out the new man who had seated himself so close to him, the hobbit felt uncomfortable. "Watch yourself, silly," the hobbit snapped, sipping his ale. The little fellow had drunk far too many of them and seemed to be in another 'world'. Stirru gazed at him, trying to figure out an insult. "Well, little one. You have a big mouth for being so small," he said pointing at him. The hobbit grew angry and turned his head again.

From the corner of Stirru's eyes he could see his companion smiling in the dark. At the same time Stirru held his eyes on the money in the hobbit's pocket. They lay there so nicely, waiting to get picked up by a man like Stirru. He looked at the mug standing at the table. "I am not going to sit here, waiting to get insults right into my face from a... a..... STRANGER!" he cried out making a jump at the bench. Stirru made his final move. He made his finger small and when the hobbit rose he seized his pocket gently. A couple of coins rolled into his hand and he closed it making a small poke into the hobbit's chest.

"Yeah, just go. It's not like I enjoyed your company either," he snapped looking at the hobbit making his way to another table. Stirru slid the coins into his pocket, time to get a room, he thought.