View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 07:31 AM   #32
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Lira eagerly took the elvish spirit and drained the glass. Fresh strenght instantly coursed through her blood and warmed her chilled feet and hands. "You may call me Lira, mellon," the elvish lady said with a gentle smile as she set the glass on the table. "My horse is the sleek white one with one pale blue eye and one dark eye; her name is Merkaliel. I am not as hungry as I look," she went on. "I have eaten but a few hours hence, but some vegetables would be pleasant." Lira knew it would be rather useless to say "nay" to food to a hobbit lass.

After some time, the plate of vegetables was brought to Lira and she ate them thankfully. They were good: hot and steaming with some flavorful herbs were sprinkled over them. After she was finished, she rose from the table, thinking to look into the stables and have a few words with her mare. A silver shadow flitted into the room and, turning, Lira saw another elf Lady glide swiftly through the inn, and mount the stairs. Lira just barely saw her face, but a look of the utmost tragedy, heart-break, and anger blazed in her eyes. Silently following the Elf Lady, Lira stood before her door and knocked softly.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]