View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #25
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A very large tree was striding up the road that leads to the Green Dragon. In fact, it wasn't a tree at all, but looked very much like one: it was very tall, around fourteen or fifteen feet, it didn't have a visible neck, and it seemed to be covered in a green/grey bark. The arms, on the other hand, were smooth, and the toes (there were nine)were ong and root like. But the eyes were the most remarkable, and even the litle hobbits accross the street from him could see that they were very large, and were brown shot with green light. They seemed to hold great wisdom. This creature was called an ent, and his name was Greenlimb.

As he strode along, he hummed a song to himself. It went something like this:

Hoom boom tum trum hrum hroom

As he walked up to the inn, he gave a great booming laugh, and bent his head to walk through the door.

Inside there were many elves and hobbits milling around and drinking ale. There was a very thin elf maiden who turned to stare at him, and he acknowledged her with a wink of one of his beautiful eyes.

He cought the eye of a passing hobbit, and said in a deep rich voice, "Have you seen any entwives?" He walked up to many and asked many times, but the answer was always no. Finally, after being rejected many times, he walked over to the cook and said, "Hroom hum, I was wondering, kind woman, if you have an entdraught or two?" She looked puzzled and replyed, "No, 'fraid not. Anything else I can get you?"
"No? no wonder you are the little people! Hum, hroom, do you have nice clean well water? That would do just fine at the moment."
She led him back behind the inn and drew a bucket full of water. He drank deeply and sighed when he was done.
"Would you like a room mister...?" The cook asked.
"Greenlimb. And no, but thank you kindly. I'll stay out here.

With that, he closed his eyes. His toes semmed to grow longer, and dig into the soil, and he reached his arms up above his head. The cook was left standing with a lone beech tree.