View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #37
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

They walked for many miles, and did not stop until mid-afternoon for a brief rest. Mattius and Endereth sat down together and began to talk. Rothalle sat not far away with the sleeping hobbit girl lying by her side. Calentoliel went to join them, but Radagast held her back.
"Come, child. I must speak with you," he said, leading her away from the others. Calentoliel followed obediently.

Once they were far enough from the others, Radagast stopped and looked at Calentoliel.
"When we reach the beast, do you know what you must do?" he asked.
Calentoliel hesitated in disappointment. He wanted her to use her magic.
"I-I can't," she stuttered. "The beast is too powerful. My song will not destroy it."
Radagast sighed. "Unfortunately, that is true. The shapeshifter has more magic than any of us have ever had. You cannot destroy it, but you can at least weaken it."
Calentoliel shook her head. "I have only just recovered from the last time I used my magic. If I use it again, surely I will collapse in exhaustion. I do not wish to become a burden as the young hobbit girl is!"
"You do not realize how powerful you really are, child. You must have faith in yourself. If you do, you will not tire."
"But-"
"Hush, child," Radagast interrupted. "Do not be afraid to use your song. Rothalle and I will use our magic when it is needed, and you will use yours. Who knows, you may surprise yourself."
Calentoliel stared at him in confusion.
"Come now," he continued. "Let us join the others before we continue our trail." Radagast began to walk away.
"Wait!" Calentoliel cried out.
Radagast turned around.
"About Rothalle- how did I come to know her?" she asked. "I feel so connected to her. She's more than just a protector, isn't she?"
Radagast stared at Calentoliel, but gave no response.
"And how about you, Radagast?" she continued. "I feel that I have known before, also. Why is that?"
Calentoliel waited for several minutes before she got a response, and it was one that she did not wish to hear.
"You are not yet ready for those answers, Calentoliel," he said calmly. "You must wait. Wait, and soon enough the time will come when the answers will reveal themself."
And at that, Radagast walked away, leaving Calentoliel scratching her head in bewilderment.

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Brinniel ]