View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 02:56 PM   #22
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mattius stared at the old wizard in great wonder. He had loved hearing the stories of Gandalf and Sauraman from the elves in Lorien. To him they seemed like stories of old but they had happened only a few years before he himself arrived at the Golden Woods.
"Greetings good wizard, lover of animals and guardian of all living things on Middle-Earth." Mattius hoped this was the correct way to address a wizard and from the sparkle in Radagast's eyes he could see that he hadn't done half bad! "I will lead," he continued, "if you will follow me. There is a place we can rest from the cold for tonight not far from here at the foot of the mountains." He motioned away eastward. Its not a long march but at least there we can light a fire and keep a bit warmer." Mattius looked confused, "In fact, I don't know why I didn't think of it before to be honest!" Radagast laughed quietly,
"Perhaps your heart told you that if you left this place you would not come upon my companion and I!" Mattius scratched his head and looked at the two elves who frowned back at him.
"Fair enough I guess, now let us be going!" With that Mattius hoisted up the hobbit onto his right shoulder but the woman who was standing behind her horse spoke before he could take a step.
"My horse will bear your hobbit friend to this place, I do not want you being slow if you are leading us." Ordinarilly Mattius would have argued with the lady that he was, in fact, not slow and quite strong enough to carry the hobbit and keep a good pace, but he was too joyous to meet an actual wizard to begin a war of words with her.
"So be it, follow me if you will!"