View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 11:26 PM   #340
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

Beren walked swiftly towards the front of this new inn he'd come across, an oddly porportioned buidling the words "The Green Dragon" were prominently displayed upon a sign hanging in front of a seemingly-smaller than usual door. A stable could be seen off to the left of the large Inn, the neighing of it's occupants accompaning the sweet shrill of the birds around.

His clothes dishevled from a long-weeks walk, having lost his horse many a week ago to a very swarthy troll he'd met up with upon the road. Only by the nick of time had he managed to escape in more or less one piece. His shirt was ripped around the back, but a lovely lookingly overcoat covered it up quite nicely, though it obviously prevented him from leaving article at the door as he entered. His pants were, of course, worn down to barely a thread having covered him the entire distance between the inn and the losing of the horse. The horse had, incidently, been carrying all of his supplies, and in his flee of terror he hardly thought to come back to see how they had fared.

Yet, all embarresment of his mode of dress aside he walked in anyway, the steady call of his stomach championing over any his pride might have voiced. The inside was oddly exactly the right temperature as compared to the outside, being not so warm as to produce sweat on his already famished skin. He smiled as he entered, his frame covering most of the door-way. His smile seemed to warm the place more so the roaring fire had, catching the eye of those already present.

As he took his first step into the inn, growing more confident about his present situation, his head proceeded to smash upon the corner of the coat rack nailed to the side of the door.

"Ow, bloody coatrack..." he exclaimed, now rubbing his throbbing head. A small murmur of laughter errupted from assorted corners of the room. As he looked up he noticed the lovely inn-keeper stifling back a small giggle.

Ignoring the newly received bump on his head, Beren walked further into the inn, bellying up to the bar. It was a very smoothly polished thing, excellently crafted. He rubbed his hand along the hardened surface.

"So, are you done admiring my bar, or would you like me to come back in a bit, dear stranger?"

Beren looked up, his facing glowingly slightly red, to see the cute inn-keeper he had noticed earlier staring back at him with a small smile on her lips. "I..err...yes, heh, I'm quite done."

"Well, good to hear it then. My name's Aman, I'm the innkeeper here at the Green Dragon"

"Aman, eh? Hm..very nice name. Well, Miss Aman, I'll be needing a room for the night. It seems as if I'm going to be here for quite a bit." Beren exclaimed the last part as he turned to observe the inn behind him. It wasn't a fancy place, to be sure, but it had some sort of odd charm that appealed to him. "Yes.., I think I'm going to be here for a while."

[ July 16, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]