View Single Post
Old 07-12-2003, 06:40 PM   #321
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Léspheria could hear muffled voices calling her name, but the pain and the screaming in her head all but drowned them out. She fought to push back the torrent of emotions that flooded into her mind so she could open her eyes.

Suddenly Léspheria's eyes snapped open, Lóthaniel she gasped, her eyes wide with fear. The searing pain in her side remained and was now accompanied by a burning sensation across her back, she clutched at her side as the voices became distinguishable, she was in the inn.

She looked up to see Vanwe's concerned face gazing down on her, she could also feel that she was being supported by someone else, she looked round and was surprised to see Kaldir searching for the source of her pain.

"You won't find anything" she whispered, grimacing as she tried to stand up, but the pain was to much and she fell back, Kaldir caught her and lowered her back into her seat.

"What happened I tried to...." Vanwe started to say, but Léspheria put up her hand to stop her "The injury is not mine, although I assure you it certainly feels like it is."

"Who is Lóthaniel, that name sounds familiar to me" Kaldir asked. "And well it should Ranger, Lothaniel is one of the many Elves that taught the Faithful how to survive the wilds. He is also my twin and he is in need of my help so...... she tried to rise again but this time the pain burned in her shoulder.

"your feeling his pain" Vanwe gasped in astonishment, Léspheria nodded the strain of trying to hold back the tears was becoming too much, but she continued to bite them back.

Suddenly the inn door flew open "Léspheria!" he cried anxiously, and strode right up and knelt before her, The man looked in his early forties, his hair was dark and his face unshaven, he was a ranger of Annuminas and he born the coat of arms of the Dunedain apon his tunic."Are you ok?"

"I am fine it is Lóthaniel" she replied not surprised in the slightest that he was here, "Has the pain past" he asked gently, she shook her head, "Léspheria, this isn't right before it has passed quickly and..."

"You don't understand Amandur, my pain has not stopped because.... "his hasn't" Amandur finished for her, she nodded sadly. "we must get you to your room" he urged gently. "No! we must leave now!" "and without any gear how far would you get" he retorted sternly.

He then turned to Kaldir will you help me to take her .... He stopped and squinting his eyes he asked "Do I know you? Have we meet before? you look familiar," "Amandur!" Lespheria cut in, "ahem... yes... well... anyway will you help me take her to her room?" Kaldir nodded looking at Amandur as though trying to recall if he did indeed know this man.

"And you my lady, your help may also be required," he gasp as he looked on her then he turned to Léspheria, but at her stern look he said nothing.

The three of them helped Léspheria to her room by the time they got there, the pain had started to pass and Lespheria was able to stand on her own, she thanked both Kaldir and Vanwe for their help. She was slightly relieved when Kaldir left first, As Vanwe made to follow him she grabbed the young woman's wrist limply to stop her,she nodded to Ammandur who gentle closed the door.

"I will be leaving as soon as possible, but I will not be able to take everything with me" she said softly though the worry for her brother still showed in her eyes, she pressed the key to her room into the younger elf's hands and continued "I would be grateful if you would take this room and look after my things till I return."