View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #30
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

As Léspheria finnished pouring a hobbit womans beverage, she saw Eodwine raising his jar, signaling for it to be refilled. He didn't look from his companion as she approached.

"Good even to you, Eodwine," she smiled filling his jar. Her smile widened as he looked from her apron to her fair Elven face, trying to put a name to it.

"I know you! The Lady Lespheria!" he cried in recognition. He rose from his seat and bowing he almost knocked the tray from her hands.

"Pardon!" he quickly apologised.

"You have not changed, Eodwine of Rohan." she laughed.

"I did not expect to see a Lady of the Elves dressed up as a waitress at the Green Dragon Inn in the Shire! Least of all an emissary of Rivendell!" he explained.

She laughed again. "I've been pressed into service-"

"Willingly enough, it would appear," Eodwine cut in.

She nodded enthusiastically. "-as the help is busy with many things."

"As soon as your duties are complete, please sit with us. Do you know Lady Waen?" Eodwine asked her.

She was just about to say that she had not yet had the pleasure, although she believed that the young elf had spoken with her twin brother the night before. When a voice called loudly, "Barkeep may I have another ale here? Make it two! I'll be here awhile."

"Sorry. Duty calls. I will come by later." she promised as she hurried of to fill another jar.

As she looked about for the caller she saw the red headed man raise his hand to beackoning her over. Still smiling she hurried over to fill his jar, then taking another from the tray she was carrying she filled it and set it on the table beside the other.

As he fumbled in his pouch looking for the correct coinage, his cloak fell back over his shoulder revealing the insignia on his tunic, A Majestic white horse on a green field. Léspheria's grey eyes widened in mild suprise, This man was also from Rohan and a soldier no less she realised as she took in the rest of his garb.

As much as she wished to return to Eodwine's company as soon as possible, her curiousity got the better of her.

"So what brings a soldier of Rohan to the Shire this fine night?" she asked as the man dropped the correct coinage into her open hand. she slipped the coins into the pocket of her apron and waited patiently for the man to reply.

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]

[ June 06, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]