View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #26
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aleia turned and motioned to Ruby. “ Would you kindly bring me some tea?” she asked. Ruby assented with a nod while wiping off the table. After gathering the empty dishes, she quickly hurried to the kitchen and returned with a richly perfumed and steaming mug. The scent of which wafted across to Gilly.

Aleia sighed and looked around the table eyes alighting on Melcirial . “What of you, Melcirial? What is your story? Let us hear it!”

Overflowing with guests, the staff was scurrying to find accommodations for all. Buttercup was smiling as she and Aman crossed the common room’s floor unceasingly. An occasional muffled thud was heard overhead, barely audible above the din of the patrons. But the company around the table was relaxed and amiable. After such hardy fare and pleasant conversation, Gilly felt herself growing roots to her chair, her mind wandering randomly.

It will be hard to take my leave tonight, Gilly mused.

Reaching into her pocket she reassured herself that the handkerchief was still there, as was the envelope. The envelope! She had forgotten entirely about it. She pulled it out and examined the writing, squinting in the dim light. Carl’s scrawl, she thought before placing it back in her pocket unopened. Now why would Carl have sent me a letter when I just saw him this morning? I will have to read it when I have spare moment.” she concluded staring across the room at the hearth and settling deeper into her thoughts.