View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 04:37 PM   #184
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
Silmaril

Alearindu helped Volondil out of the sledge, and then helped him walk around a bit. After he requested to go sit on the fallen log, she walked with him over there, after motioning Mornen to stay where he was.

She sat down beside Volondil. 'Tell me of the friend you spoke of, if you will. She seems very dear to you, indeed.' He asked of her.

Alearindu nodded, and then began a short story. 'Aerowen and I met after I left home to become a Ranger. Strider was the one who mostly taught us. But we found that we had many things in common.'

'From the point when we first met, we were inseperable. We went everywhere together. Journeys, battles, or just a fun adventure.'

'But one thing Aerowen had, was an ability to almost, if not actually, talk to horses. She was born in Rohan, and therefore grew up around them. The horse she has now, Glossaran, 'Snow-King', is a foal that was born in the winter of all times. His mother died, but Aerowen became a mother to him, and therefore he is now the most loyal horse you have ever seen to her. He was born a light-brown, and now he is as white as snow. Quite interesting, if I may say so.'

'Though, I still cannot figure out why she didn't come with me this time.' Alearindu sighed a little. ' I thought she said something about family... but I'm not sure.'

Alearindu then stood, and unsheathed her sword, slowly, though, as to not startle anyone, and then sat back down.

' As I was saying before, Aerowen and I have two things that we keep in remembrance of the other, in times when we might be seperated. This, is Maciloidul. Aerowen holds the exact copy. How two were made, I know not. But also, the necklace I wear...'

Alearindu tilted her neck back and pulled gently on a chain, pulling out a pendant with a silver chain and base. The base was two slim leaves intertwined, and the jewels on it were of emerald, which matched the colour of Alearindu's eyes and went well with her copper hair. 'Aerowen's looks the same, except her stones are amethyst, which match her eyes and blonde hair, as well.'

Alearindu gazed at the pendant as if she had never seen it before, and then placed it back on her collar. 'As I keep saying, I wish Aerowen were here. She's a lively one to have around at points, and a helpful one when it comes to healing, as well.' Alearindu laughed and smiled at Volondil. 'We should ask Gandalf if you could just ride on Mornen's back. I'm not quite sure how much Mornen likes pulling something behind him.'