View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 03:41 PM   #175
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Olo gasped when he heard what Gandalf proposed to have Poppy do. ‘Send her in alone!’ he hissed to Holly, who stood at his side frowning at the wizard’s announcement. He made to step forward, to say that no Hobbit was going into that dreadful place alone, but Holly placed her hand on his arm, holding him back.

‘Let’s think about this, Olo. Not that I think Gandalf has the right of it, but perhaps we can use this to our advantage.’ She fingered the pieces of paper in her breast pocket – the map, and the one on which she had written the Elven words and letters. ‘Let’s wait until the spotlight is off her, then let’s talk to Poppy. No one will mind us Hobbits having a small talk about what’s been said.’ She rubbed the tangle of curls at the side of her head absentmindedly. ‘I think I'll go get Bird to come talk with us, too. I think she would find what I’m thinking to be quite interesting.’

She walked away from him humming a tune, her eye on the large sack of gold. He watched her, a half smile on his face, replaced quickly by a frown of concern.

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]