View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 03:18 PM   #174
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

With a sorrowing grimace, Bethberry looked at Birdie and then at Nardol.

"I have not meant to cause greater discord, but to spare more. So much pain and hurt in the past ages was been caused by a refusal to accept people as people, as individuals worthy of earning their own respect and trust. Instead, they groaned and fell when forced to ferry the weight of community burdens."

"Come, let us agree to accept each other on our own terms and put aside the debts and discredits of Ages past. Nardol, your hand was not supposed to be touched by the bird. Has it been?"

Bethberry reached out and, audaciously, took the elf's hand in hers, examining it. From a pocket, she brought forth a small cloth and wiped the stain away. Then she handed him the herbal cakes to ease the pain of the leg injury.

"Use that, wherever it is you choose to ride and know that I apologize for my words to you. I must see to Polly now, for I want her comfortable on this hasty departure also. She may be in greater need of help."

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]