View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 09:22 AM   #170
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Nardol's face turned red and his scar writhed like a snake as he clenched his jaw. He looked first at Bethberry then turned to face the bird who was dancing and taunting him from a branch overhead. His eyes blazed and his lips narrowed to a thin line as he rounded upon Bethberry and spat out his words.

"What would you know of my mood?" he said in a sharp tone. "Have you been where I have been or seen what I have seen? I was consigned to the hell of Angband by the treachery of Men and have witnessed the weakness and lack of faith of the Atani on times beyond count. Little more than beasts they seem and the most noble of Men far below the station of the meanest of my people. Too often have I mourned beside the graves of my people who were slain by Men and their deceptions. My own wife and son fled into the West to escape a Middle Earth fallen under the taint of the Hildor. Ever the Elves have retreated before the Usurpers and abandoned the lands they loved leaving them to the lesser race. You name me 'fell' but if I am it is not without cause."

He spun and looked up at Bird. "Take care Shapechanger," he hissed. "Lest I spit thee on a dart and serve you up for dinner..."

Before either could respond, he limped away to where his pack rested on the ground and began to gather his things. He looked up at Gandalf who was watching him with a grim expression. "I leave you to your fool errand," he growled. "Take care lest you fall victim to the fickleness of Man in your turn."

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]