View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 11:10 AM   #101
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Belegond walked back to the Inn, as to not to look too suspicious. The cold wind blew through his hair, and he shivered. It was frezzing, and he could see his breath in front of him. He kicked a stone along the muddy ground and into a near by puddle. He looked into its reflection. Belegond saw what looked to be 10 or so guards heading his way.

"We need to block the south gate, it is nearest the Inn and no doubt they will try to escape this way" said one of the guards.

Belegond cursed, they would not be able to get out that way. They could but Belegond wasn't sure whether Bali was ready to sacrifice innocent lives.

"Sir?"

Belegond froze, surely they could not be talking to him.

"Sir!" they repeated once again, Belegond spun around to face the group. "Have you seen anything? It seems one of our guards has been attacked."

"No sorry, but I must go, I have heard that there is a vicious mob of Elves and a murderous dwarf about, I must get home to my wife and children!"

"We did not mean to stop you, carry on and go home quickly."

Belegond turned on his heels and sprinted aroun the corner to the front of the Inn. Stupid guards. Ha, how could anyone fall for that? Well we cannot take the south I wonder whether the others have had any luck?

Belegond waited for a while, he could hear cries from the Inn. Two guards stood posted at each door, there was no way of gettig in. Soon enough Arlome and Yanithe arrived.

"I have had no luck", he said to the two.

"Niether I", Arlome relpied looking glum.

The two rangers looked towards Yanithe who was smiling.

"I think I can get us out!"