View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 06:00 PM   #99
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Burzdol knocked on Bali's door. "They raised the price of your head, 150 gold pieces. Bet you Kaldon is behind this."

"Just stand guard and help Ani Dao if needed."

"Okay. Shhh, someone's coming," he said noticing a strange man approach. The sword clutched in his right hand made the elf uneasy.

The stranger came to Burzdol. "I need to find this dwarf," he held up a wanted poster, "Have you seen him?"

"Who are you? And why do you want to know?" the elf asked meeting him as he reached for the door.

"I was hired to find and kill this dwarf. I don't think you can stop me elf. I'm supposed to check this room. Now move!" he shouted raising his sword.

Before he swung the, elf caught his arms with his left hand. His right arm followed into a punch in his weary face. The man fell back, dropping his sword. He let out a scream of pain as he jumped up. The man's hands held his bleeding face. One of them fell to grasp a dagger in his belt. Burzdol ran at the man, stopping short at the sight of his knife. This should help me beat that Kaldon next time. Hah, this will really help. Instead of countinuing his charge, Burzdol waited. The man, instead, charged. The elf dodged to the side and the man continued running. He was slower because of his pain and didn't turn right away. Burzdol took the advantage and landed a kick in his back. Again the man fell over. Burzdol walked over and picked the man up. "Ani, watch out, some ones coming down. Do what you like with him." The elf threw the man down the stairs.

"Bali they now know where you are. Stay there though, we can keep them away," he said as he wiped away blood off his shoulder. During the fight the blade had gotten him in the arm.

"Well, keep guard as best you can. Yell if you need help. I'll come out to help a friend."

"Thanks."

"Burzdol, Burzdol. We have a small group of visitors. They're looking for Bali," Ani Dao said yelling up the steps.

"Let them come," the elf said drawing his Gondorian sword.

Four more men came up the steps. The first two were unprepared. He thrust his sword into them and shoved them down the stairs. The other two pushed their comrads aside and thrust up shields to block the elf's sword. One pushed Burzdol against the wall. Upon impact the sword fell to the floor. The other, however, got out a hatchet and hacked at Bali's door. The one holding Burzdol got out a knife and thrust it at the elf, Burzdol dodged and got out from between the shield and wall. As soon as he was free he jumped the one that was hacking at the door. The elf grabbed his hatchet and threw it at the other man, it burrowed itself in the man's chest. Then he grabbed his own dagger and stabbed it at the man below him. The elf got up and regained his breath.

He walked to the top of the stair case. Ani Dao had been standing at the bottom shooting arrows into a group of men. Burzdol grabbed his own bow and started to shoot. When the successfully killed the mob they sat down. No sooner had they done this, a group of police came. In their hands clutched short, sturdy swors. Burzdol ran to Ani Dao's side, after he picked up his sword.

"I believe you are causing a disturbance today," an obvious leader said to the pair. "That is liable for the hanging sentence."

As he went on, Burzdol whispered to Ani Dao, "On my signal attack."

"What was that you said?" he asked Burzdol. The elf spat in his face. Before the leader had the chance to retaliate the pair were on his force. Burzdolo punched the man in the face and took him to the ground. The elf hit him again and got up to fight. Throughout the encounter, he saw Ani Dao fight tremendously. All he saw were bits of her, but they were enough to figure out that she had some fights underneath her belt.

Together they defeated the remaining police and went to the top of the stairs. They talked to Bali for awhile before more came. Since the two were at the top they just shot down arrows into the swarm.

Hogar fought a few men seeking Bali. He then noticed a police force move into the inn. He took Serello and hid behind a table. "Stay here, Serello. If they get you I don't know what I'd do."

"No I coming with you. I can fight now and I want to help."

"Fine, let's go then master hobbit," the two went to work killing any person in search of Bali. A man ran to swing at the hobbit. Suddenly, he fell over. Serello stared in bewilderment. Hogar walked over and pulled a throwing hatchet out of the man. "That's how you throw a hatchet. You try."

The pair continued to fight and Serello learned from the dwarf. Serello charged into a gathering of men and came out the only one standing. Hogar laughed, thinking it was awesome for a hobbit.

Burzdol was getting tired, but wouldn't let up. Not while he was trying to help Bali. Already he had killed more than twenty men, searching for the reward of Bali's head.

Now he had a new found respect for Ani Dao. He noticed that she was not only beautiful, but also deadly. Now he liked her more and more.

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]