View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #36
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Gil sat upon a some stone sill that looked out over the harbor. Her small room was just starting to look clean, but she knew that her mother would want to know where she was by now. She rose from her kneeling stance at the smooth window and ducked under the dust ruffle of her bed to see if something had fallen underneath. There was nothing but the rush mat that carpeted the floor of every room. She stood and smiled like a satisfied cat. Her parents had been in frenzy that she would loose something. As she shot into the hall, she admitted to herself that she had lost something every year, but then again it had always been found.

A patch of sunlight fell onto the floor from a broad, open window with lattice metal work upon the panes. There was a small indentation in the wall where a seat was carved, and she reached for the satchel she always kept at her waist which held her favorite of books. She would only read for a little, and be on her way. But it was not there. She realized that she might have given it to Sofiya by accident, but that couldn't have happened she remembered. She would have seen it. She must have left it at the beach!

Thumping her palm onto her forhead in frustration, she flew down a set of steps into the courtyard where her father was. "Father!" She called to him. "I need to go back down to the beach." The folds of her kirtle stopped tripping her legs as she slowed.

"Gillian, you can't, we'll be going very soon, and what in the world could you need down there? You and Elvira have already been gone half the morning!" Sighing animatedly, Gil stomped her foot and fold her arms across her chest.

"Father, I left my book down there." Earis looked unimpressed.

"I still won't let you go alone."

"Then let me take Rolan or Elvira, please?" Gil clasped her hands and blinked sweetly at her father.

"Oh, alright." He sighed and patted his daughter's head. Racing towards Rolan, she spoke quickly and pleadingly.

"Rolan, will you down to the beach with me? I left my favorite book down there this morning when Elvira and I were there. Please?" She gave a final sweet plea at the end for a finsihing touch.

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Sadbh ]