View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 02:08 PM   #2
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Eäris rode through Dol Amroth, still cursing under his breath.
"Run along. Like a puppy!...Gone to the beach! Time and a place for everything and this is NOT the time!..."

A young lad ran across the road in front of him. Reining his horse sharply, Eäris cast a disdainful glance downwards, causing the boy to gulp. Refusing to waste more time on the urchin, he quickened his pace.

Arriving at the beach he glanced scornfully at the sand that impeded his progress. Climbing down from the horse he started towards the dunes, from which he saw two figures approaching.

"Young ladies!" he called. "May I ask why you are on the beach when you know full well we are to sat off home shortly?"

Eäris attempted a repeat of the glare that had been so successful at quelling the young lad, but his daughters refused to be quelled. Both continued to smile. They knew it was beyond the power of their Papa to remain angry at them for too long. A smile threatened to crack his stern features, and the girls exchanged a glance.

Turning Eäris muttered gruffly "Your Mother will not like the state of your dresses I fear. Perhaps if we were to pay a visit to Morwen on the way, she could help? But hurry, for we must set off for home."

A smile spread across his face. Home...

[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link