View Single Post
Old 02-13-2001, 01:29 PM   #8
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Describe the 1st time you read LotR.

the first time i read the books was 4 years ago when i was 14. i read it in my native tongue(german). i had heard that it was a great book but imagined it to be a book full of black magic. i was rather surprised when i read about Hobbits. in the beginning i thought that the book was boring (because i didnt quite understand what tolkien said in the explanations) . but then i moved on and i think when i read about bilbo disappearing with the help of the ring i became curious. and after the second chapter i thought the book was great. i think it took me one month to read it the first time because i often read parts twice. i read it three times before i started to read it in english. i liked the poems translated to german, but i was fascinated by the poems and songs in their original version. the song of Gimli about Khazad-Dum and the song about Gandalf are my favourites. then i read the hobbit and the silmarillion. and now i cant think of a life without the Lord of the Rings and Middle-earth.

Behold the King of Moria!</p>

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote