View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 05:43 PM   #62
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

As Durelin walked next to Bordarigorn he breathed in the sweet fresh air. He didn't feel any burden from the weapons or pouch at his side. He was travelling lighter than he had ever travelled. This was different. This was a mission. It was a journey, but it was like marching to war, for war it would seem when the seven of them were in the midst of the hundred orcs and Easterlings.

He was silent, thinking only of what lay ahead. He thought about death. Death. He did not fear it, and he thought of it often. He would not mind death. To die fighting off a cohort of orcs, a colony of spiders, to die an honorable death. He needed no remeberence, no praise. For his knowledge that he did honorably and bravely and wisely, that was enough. And he would lay smiling in death's arms.

Pain. He was used to pain. And mainly the pain of the heart and soul, some of the body, but mainly of his core being. That was the worst kind of pain. To feel you had done wrong, to brood over someone elses death, to loath someone you used to adore...He could not face anything more painful than what he already had.

Fear. He did not fear any worldly thing. He did not fear a feeling, an action. He feared the death of the world. He feared the day when the battle of good and evil was ended. That would be the world's undoing. For he believed that the world could only live with both good and evil coexisting eternally. Good and evil must forever cross swords, or the world would be unbalanced, and would break. Yes, he feared the breaking of the world...

Durelin was pulled from his thoughts as Bordarigorn spoke. He asked him of what he remembered of Anuion. Reluctantly, the elf's mind turned to those memories. The two spoke for longer than Durelin thought he had ever spoken with someone before, in atleast one sitting. But it felt good to remember Anuion. He was a good elf, and Durelin found something in Bordarigorn that made it easire for him to speak to.

After speaking of Anuion for a while Bordarigorn paused in silence for what seemed like an hour. The silence was so strange to Durelin, he felt emotions welling up in Bordarigorn. Memories can do that to easily... Then the man spoke again, "Some weird group this is. I bet my head that there have never been a group as different as this."

Durelin answered shortly to this, "You could say that, friend. But I believe we will see how different or the same we really are. When we face battle shall certaintly test it."

"Yes," the man answered, "I always wonder what will happen. I always wonder when the end will come."

"The end?" Durelin said gravely, "Do not speak of it. It will only bring it sooner, or seem to..."