View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #59
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maeralagos' shoulders were uncharacteristically hunched as he walked behind Durelin and Bordarigorn. Every sound in the wood seemed strange to him, as if he hadn't been around there in ages, which of course, wasn't true. But this place was no longer the same...

Telpeheled cameup beside him, and Maeralagos forced himself to stand up straighter as the other Elf looked at him.

"What is the matter, friend?" Telpeheled said with a sympathetic smile. "We are not there yet."

"I know," Maeralagos replied softly, "only--do you really think this is going to work? Bordarigorn's plan, I mean--with the Orc arrow? Easterlings are not so unintelligent that that will fool them forever, are they? It has not been my experience..." he drifted off, looking towards Bordarigorn and Durelin, speaking softly to one another. "Still, perhaps it is the best move to be made. It will cause an instant reaction, which is really all we need."

Maeralagos bowed his head a bit while he continued walking, internally scolding himself for his doubt. It was a good plan...it would do exactly what they needed. There was no call for him to question before he fully understood. And he understood now. And it was fine...

"Yes," he said, raising his head and looking bashfully back at Telpeheled. "That will do exactly."

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]