View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #18
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Well, this is a mighty fine situation to be in and no mistake. Waiting half way up a bleedin mountain in the dark and cold."

Kane shook his dark wet hair out of his eyes and glared at his brother. "You can go inside if you like, brother."

"What, and let you get away with the horses? Not bleedin likely Kane-"
"Theos is my horse Vlad, and if I took of with him Id be perfectly in order!" Kane answered, stroking the stallion in front of him. Theos' dappled coat was made darker by the rain and as his name suggested, Kane had made a sacrifice to get his beautiful horse, more than he had bargained for when he had stolen him. More than the rest of the motley crew of orcs and easterlings had made to get what few steeds they had between them certainly.

"He belongs to some fat merchant at that Rohan inn, Kane, and you know it!" Vladamars predictable temper flared up and Kane rolled his eyes, a gesture sure to make his fiery brother even more angry. A scuffle from inside the cave nearby drew both their attention though and Kane shook his head in disgust; the orcs again. Vlad caught the gesture. "Hey Kane, dont be turning up your nose. I said Id help in this, and so I will. Besides, there will be fine booty to be had here. And more precious horses."

Kane grinned at his brother and, leading Theos they went into the cave. One of the orcs tried to stop them when he saw Theos, a mere lump of horsemeat as he said, being brought in from the rain, but Vlads knife soon made him see the error of his ways. That was one thing Kane could say for his brother; he'd always stuck by him.

They say Handorth watching them from nearby and went towards him; another easterling was welcome in the midst of the filthy orcs.