View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #343
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Huan heard the cry of the man from Rohan at his table and raised his mug. He went over to the table of where the two man sat together.

"Honour to the fallen men of Rohan indeed. But also to those of Gondor and the realms before them I should say. You are grieved, man of Rohan. It seems the stories of Hama have brougth up memory to a deep grief."

Hama turned his head to look at Huan, but did not regocnize him. Their eyes met and Huan smiled at him.

"Yes Hama, I know your name. For I also rode with King Ellesar and King Theodon. But at Helm's Deep I have not been. I only met Theodon for a short time during the great war, before that I had seen him many times. Also King Ellesar, but our roads had separated even before you were born. You have done a great deed at Pellenor. Bringing down one of the great Mumakil is a deed of bravery and courage." Huan said.

"Who are you?" Hama asked.

"I am no one, therefore I am everyone. I rode with King Ellesar on paths that are now closed forever, but of that I shall not speak. Tell me, what takes two man of Rohan all the way to Bree?"

Hama eyed him for a second, Grimm did not. He was taken by his own thoughts and grief was to be read all over his face.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:27 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Potatothan ]