View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 08:26 AM   #341
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Taken aback by the attention from this stranger, Angry could suddenly remeber no more songs. His mind was a complete blank. Fumbling nervously with the silver coin that had been tossed to him, he stood silently, thinking.

"Well, sir, what do you know, normal times I can't think of anything but songs, but now the some whose wan'to here me, I can't think of any! Well, except one, but, begging your pardon, sir, its one that I have writ myself and I don't know if it would be up to scratch for public performance so to speak."

The stranger made it clear that he would be more than happy to hear this song that Angry had written himself. 'ere goes then, he thought to himself and, taking another long swig of beer, began to sing;

Quote:
You'll remember me
When the West-Wind blows,
Upon the fields of the Shire,
You can tell the Sun,
In his jealous sky,
That we walk in fields of green.

So he took his love,
For to gaze a while,
Upon the fields of the Shire.
And they told the Sun,
In his Jealous sky
That they walked in fields of green.
After he finished, Angry noticed that he had been singing louder than he intended, and for some reason he had been staring into Crystals eyes, oblivious to the stranger who had asked for the song. The man started clapping, bringing Angry out of his stupor, and making him blush.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:28 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Angry Brandybuck ]</font>

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:29 AM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Angry Brandybuck ]