View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #113
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Tending to the elf's horse smoothly and deftly, Aman regretfuly rubbed the nose of Pio's fine mare briefly as she passed, but was unable to stop - she would have to sign in this elf-maiden first (from Eryn Lasgalen, she was almost sure...).

Stepping back into the hustle and bustle of the Inn, Aman wove towards the front with the elf following in her path, always looking around; the Green Dragon came as a surprise to most with its complete range of company, and most elves were not too high and mighty to be amazed. Aman smiled to herself: The Green Dragon - one of the wonders of middle earth!

Signing the elf into the logbook, Aman surreptitiously took a look at the name, before her eyes flicked back up to the elf and she nodded politely, smiling. "Welcome to the Dragon, Nuruialien."

The elf smiled and waited as Aman ran quickly through all instructions, leaving the key behind the bar with the rest so the elf could ask for it when she needed it, as she wasn't going to her room immediately. Rather she paused, turned to contemplate a dark, withdrawn looking man; a ranger, there was no doubt.

Aman made sure they both had a drink then began to weave across the Common Room again. I will get to the stables, I will get to the stables, I will get to the-

A snippet of conversation, spoken rather loudly considering its content, made the Innkeeper stop and back up a step, eyebrows shooting up.

"...the Doom of Mandos, and of the Dark Lords, lay upon this seemingly harmless trinket."

The Innkeeper looked around sharply to see the words had come from a pair of elves, a woman and a man, in the corner furthest from the bar...and from the door. However, there would be no alarm spreading from such words, not in her bar...setting her jaw, Aman strode over. As she reached the pair, she smiled brightly. "You done with these?" she questioned sunnily, indicating the cups in front of the pair. Startled, they looked up at the Innkeeper who, despite her small stature, seemed to be looming. A murmured assent allowed Aman to lean over to get them, and she came level with their faces, looking both in the eye warningly.

"Now, talk though you may of Mordor, and of the Dark Lords, I would very much rather you did not do so where there are people who may be alarmed, and certainly 'tis alarming. I know," she held out a hand placatingly as the man started angrily, about to say something. "I know that was probably not your intention, but I have a policy of weapons being left outside, and words such as these can be weapons, of a sort. The time for storytelling is the evening, and then your tale shall be welcome. But now..." she paused, straightening.

A slight smile seemed to hover around the elf-man's lips. "You have excellent hearing it seems, mistress Innkeeper."

"Aman will do, thankyou sir." She smiled warmly, then addressed both of them. "May I ask if you need anything else...or if either of you have a love of horses?"