View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM   #98
Fosco Burrows
Pile O'Bones

Fosco Burrows has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

"I'm waiting for an answer" said Fosco who was now a confused and curious little hobbit.

"We wanted to tell you that all our problems are over Fosco" said an excited Hawley Burrows, Fosco's twin brother. "we have found something we believe is very valuable and of great interest to all hobbits!"

"We were digging a drainage ditch behind the mill when we found treasure" added Fosco's youngest brother Dirkin.

Fosco's Elder brother Gunter interrupted Dirkin as he was sure Dirkin would ramble inanely for hours otherwise! "We believe we have found an artefact from the occupation of The Shire by Saurman's evil hordes. In the field behind the mill we were digging a ditch to help prevent floods when Hawley hit a hard round object which turned out to be a shield, we ended up finding many items of armour and general orcish paraphenalia"

"But what of this treasue Dirkin spoke of, tell me, tell me!" shreeked Fosco with delight. This led to him getting many funny looks from fellow patrons of the inn.

The three brothers moved closer to Fosco and formed a huddle around him. Gunter looked around the inn briefly to ensure noone was listening to what he was about to say.

"We found a small chest that we were able to smash open and inside we found a brooch made of gold, a necklace also of gold and last of all a ring with the eye of sauron that Samwise Gamgee tells stories about etched into the Gold almost like a sygnet ring"

"I wonder if they were Sauraman's personal belongings" mused Fosco.

"No I think they would belong to his pathetic assistant Grima Wormtongue because he took over a large hobbit dwelling nearby during the occupation." Gunter pointed out to his younger brother.

"This is truely a most interesting and exciting discovery" Fosco thought aloud.

"But what shall we do with these treasures, we need a plan" said Fosco. He sat back in his chair and thought quietly to himself. "Whatever we do the first step is to drink ale and be merry and thankful, Dirkin order four of the best ale in the house and one for the barmaid!"