View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 12:51 PM   #37
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Eruisto looked at Melisil, "I, well, I was wondering if you would mind telling me where you were from. I'm from Gondor, and though I passed in the general vicinity of Lothlorién and Rivendell, I couldn't see them. Could you tell me about your land?"

Melisil replied, "Certainly; And I am not offended. I am from the forest Mirkwood, now Eryn Lasgalen. My people have lived there for many years. For a while we were not there though, around the time of the ring war. Now, we have taken it back.

"I live with my family there, and we in turn live with other families. Many of my kind are leaving for the Grey Havens every day as you most probably know already." She paused, looked down at the table for a moment, thinking, then continued, talking slightly slower, "My family will probably not go there for a while... but they will still go... slowly." She continued, looking up again,

"For the last year I have been wandering Middle Earth. I stoped back at Eryn Lasgalen to see my family. After I left they gave me a letter to deliver to a Hobbit here in the Shire. I've delivered it now, and am unsure what I will be doing next." Melisil finished. She sat up straighter, her mind seemingly not in the bar anymore.