View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #673
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Question

As she sat, she slowly began to sing a sweet melody. There were no words to it, moreover a mere vocalization. She sung it only to herself, and it became a sad, sad lullaby. It came natural to her, and yet seemed as though she was singing from afar, watching herself sing, if such a thing were possible.

A young hobbit lass walked up to Eruanna “My, what a lovely song,” the hobbit started, “but,” she paused “but it sounds so sad.”

Eruanna awoke from her trance, and looked upon the hobbit. She felt a tear welling up in her eye. “Yes,” she said slowly, “Yes, it does, doesn’t it?” and with those words, a tear tore down her silken complexion. The hobbit proceeded in asking what the matter was, but little words could Eruanna think of, without producing another tear. Eruanna drifted off again, reaching within herself, and thinking of her homeland. Never before had she missed it so much, until now.

The hobbit prepared to leave Eruanna, in her sulking, but stayed. For once again Eruanna lifted her voice, quietly, and began her melody again. Her voice did not break, but remained strong, as if tainted with anger, except for another tear that was streaming down her face. As she sung, she felt a chill run through her, and draped her cloak close about her, once more hiding her royal blue raiment. Before she knew what she was doing, the hobbit had asked her why she had stopped singing.

“If you’ll please excuse me,” she said, her voice faltering, “I must go” She immediately began to run out the door, and stopped just outside the inn. Eruanna sat for a moment on a nearby bench, crying.

Eruanna felt a tap on her shoulder, and looked up, there was no one there, but there was a letter addressed to her. She opened it slowly, and read it. It had been a letter from the love of her life. Upon reading the letter, she understood her sorrow. She was in love, and she was separated from the one she loved. One day, I vow to thee, one day, I shall return, she promised secretly, but for now she was stationed in The Shire, at the inn, and she had decided to make the most of it.

Once again, she walked into the inn, and ordered herself a drink. Yet again, she sat, not sure whether she felt relieved, or stressed, and watched again- she searched. The hobbit lass was no where to be found.