View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #657
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

As Estella listened to the elf her heart was moved by his tale. She didn’t know the places he was talking about, but she was filled with compassion and wanted to reach out and comfort him. Although she had never had children, her maternal instinct was strong and she wished she could help. With a soft smile, she watched is eyes and followed his gaze to the blond woman across the room. Before he continued and told her, Estella knew where his heart was.

She picked up her mug again as he finished and drained it. Poor fellow, she thought. He was putty on a brave face, but Estella could see right through it.

“I am sorry you are going through this. You are such a nice man…elf…person,” she stammered. This brought a smile to his face and he chuckled. “You know this reminds me of story. Old Seredic Boffin, who’s now well in his 80’s, was orphaned as a young hobbit lad. Sad it was. First his mother was trampled by a mad cow, and then his father was bucked by the same cow when he tried to put it down for killing his wife.” She nodded as in agreement with her own words. Thinking this was a comparable event to what was happening to poor Fawain, Estella waited politely for Lothaniel’s approval.